Monday, July 24, 2006

Orchids in Malaysia



Don't you just love the Orchid Plant? Its flowers are so beautiful and there are many types and species of Orchids that it's really difficult to identify. This site OrchidWeb has a nice catalog of Orchids from all around the world.

In general, Orchids need to be kept moist but not soggy with lots of air circulation around the roots. If you are re-potting it, use orchid bark and orchid moss. Put it in a spot that gets enough light. Note that some orchids do not need much light though, you will need to find out what kind it is. To find out its exact species you can either search though the site listed above or simply go to Name that Plant forum and ask for help to identify your orchid there. Most of the flowers here are identified through the help of the forumers.

One particular experience to share about safekeeping your orchid is to never leave the plant outside your garden area. About a year ago, I had an orchid which flower took quite a while to fully develop. I was longing for the day to capture it on my camera. On the day when I decided it's a good time to take it, I stepped out only to find that the flower has been stolen by a passer by. The flower was within reach as the person simply puts his/her arms through the fence and plucked the flower, Just like that, my orchid flower was gone. I hope this horrible experience does not happen to any of you out there.

Till then, have fun with your lovely Orchids.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Bob Prajitno said...

Lovely Orchids.. The region really has lovely orchids and flowers in general, from Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. I love sending flowers to my loved ones when time permits, not with online flower delivery. Checkout my article about online flower delivery at www.asiansilkroute.com/flower-delivery.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home